Thursday, January 21, 2010

Teo nail ripped from bed, seems infected?

alright, I'm a 15 year old girl, and I was in the middle of moving, on saterday as I was lifting a box my toenail was somehow snagged and sligthly ripped from its bed. (mostly on one side)


its still attached, but it bled a little bit (and hurt like heck) I didn't have internet untill JUST now and we simple had no time to go to the doctor cause my mom is sick and my dad was busy moving boxes back and forth.





I knew that if I tape the nail down it should reattach but it wasn't getting much air because of the way I used the band aids, I went online today and haven't found many info on MY specific problem.





so, it SEEMS infected, It uh, smells bad and theres a little bit of puss on the side that is more unattached. and some dried blood just under my toenail.. its ';airing out'; right now (which is making it itchy).... and I need help knowing what to do next





plleaase, I can't go to the doctor till tomorrow so tell me how to make this better and avoid removing a nail.Teo nail ripped from bed, seems infected?
fill a bucket with warm water and add salt and clean your toe in the solution. This will help clean away the infection. The toe nail wont reconnect itself by the way unless it is the root were talking about, but will grow back hopefully.








Im not a doctor, but washing it in a saline solution will help cleaning it.Teo nail ripped from bed, seems infected?
Ehhh, that sounds bad (and makes me sort of sick). I know you probably don't want to, but clean it with something. You don't have to use hydrogen peroxide, but it would probably work best. The dried blood is probably not a big deal, because thats normal. It sounds pretty infected... There's not much to do though, sorry.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment