Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bluish tint to nail beds?

I am 26-27 weeks pregnant and I just noticed today the half moon area on my fingernails have a bluish tint to them? Is this anything to do with pregnancy, and is this anything I should be concerned about? I don't go back to the dr. until the first.Bluish tint to nail beds?
I have the same thing happen to me at the moment. Im 27 weeks and 3 days, and some days I have a really blueish tint to my nail bed. Others not so much. Ive been told its an indicator of the amount of oxygen in your blood. Ive had health problem since I was born, and my doctors always check the colour of my nails if Im unwell, or really tired. Im going on the 7th to ask my doctor about it, because it can indicate anemia in the body, which you will be treated with more iron in your diet. Don't worry too much about it. are you getting more tired lately? I know I am, so it could be iron intake needs to be increased. Congratulations, and I hope it isn't anything too serious.Bluish tint to nail beds?
A blueish tinge to your fingernails can have to do with poor circulation to that area or maybe anaemia. Press down on your fingertips and they should go white, see how quicly they turn pink again - this is called your capillary refil and if it takes a while for them to turn pink again it has can be an indicator of poor blood circulation.





Maybe mention it to your doctor or whoever is your lead carer for your pregnancy.
Hmm. your nails may be thinning so you can see the blood flow a bit better--that would look blue. Try pressing on one of your nails--does the same area turn red? If so, that's a good sign and the only thing that I would know to look for--turning red means you are not anemic. However, if you press down and you don't see any color change, check the inside of your eyelids. They should be bright red. If they aren't, let your doctor know that you may have anemia and they will do a quick blood test.
Your doctor has a 24 line call them and ask because it just sounds like you might lose your nail or you have poor circulation? I don't know but I don't want to scare you. But call your doctor and find out what he thinks?
check out link
A bluish tint to the nails is usually indicitive of poor circulation.


I would call your ob/gyn nurse tomorrow and ask about this. Better safe than sorry.
I have all ways heard that if your nails lips and things like that start to turn blue it is because your not getting enough oxygen. I would call the doctor or go in.
I don't know,but I don't think that's normal. I think you might want to tell your doctor about this.
something is up with your blood, call your doctor and ask them.
weird does not sound normal are you sure you have not touched or ate anything that would stain your skin?
i have never heard that before... my nails grew really quick but they werent blue...

No comments:

Post a Comment