Saturday, January 23, 2010

I get splinter like flecks in my nail beds from time to time, what are they?

It's a 'splinter haemorrhage' I get them too. When they grow up to the top of the nail you can pick them out as if it was a splinter! There is no need for you to worry about them. You may have one or two 'splinters' and never have another one. It all depends on how the matrix develops the nail plate cells. If they are not tightly bonded together, blood from the nail bed will fill the void and it will look like a splinter - sometimes it will look like a dot.I get splinter like flecks in my nail beds from time to time, what are they?
Cheeks is right...unfortunately damage to the nail bed is permanent, however that does not mean you will always have these splinter like flecks what it does mean though is that you will eventually get lengthwise ridges down the nail or nails.





Try not to worry lots of products that can camouflage these ridges if they become too unsightly for you.I get splinter like flecks in my nail beds from time to time, what are they?
I believe they're calcium spots caused by ';too much'; calcium in the diet. It's healthier to have them than not have them.
I get those too. it looks weird, like a splinter under my fingernails. weird
They are damage to the nail bed, you may have banged your nail with out realising as the nail bed is quite sensetive. The white spots someone also reffered to are another form of bruising to the nail and are not to do with calcium at all as many people believe.
If you mean the small blact bits, i think they are hairs. i get then occasionally, they grow our eventually, but can be painfull.

No comments:

Post a Comment