Saturday, January 23, 2010

Does anyone have any ideas for making a headboard for my hollywood bed without using a hammer and nails or san

I live in a small housing apartment and can,t have anything thats permanent attached to the walls, but I need a way to make a headboard for my bed that is easy to construct. I,m 65, so it has to be simple and inexpensive.Does anyone have any ideas for making a headboard for my hollywood bed without using a hammer and nails or san
You can try buying some plywood cut to size for you. Then hot glue some batting and fabric to it. Most fabric stores will sell the batting (it is like pillow stuffing and comes in rolls with varied thicknesses). This way you only need a hot glue gun and maybe a staple gun too.


You can change the fabric and get a whole new look to your Hollywood-style ;)


good luck!Does anyone have any ideas for making a headboard for my hollywood bed without using a hammer and nails or san
I would suggest going to a second-hand furniture store or a charity thrift store. They often have used headboards for sale.
Thumb tacks OK? Fabric on the wall, perhaps poofed out with quit fiber fill bats. Put a decroative ribbon around and thumb tacks. Actually you'd probably need to stable the fiberfill bats to the wall...so hope it's drywall, not plaster. Or you could hand some fabric from a rod......it would weigh less than a picture and frame!
I hung a very pretty quilt above my bed on a curtain rod.


3 cup hooks hold it up. Looks very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment