Monday, May 10, 2010

My 3 yr old son is scared of noises, the dark, dogs, bites his nails, clings and hates going to bed, HELP!?

My son is scared of everything, i cant leave him a room alone or he comes running out of it crying and screaming, if its dark outside I cannot get him out of our truck, set him down, and go to get his brother before he is in histerical tears. To put him to bed is a chore, I have to leave the door open and a light on in the hallway because if the door is closed he throws a hissy. He is scared of the crickets and tree frog noises. He is scared of water, birds etc.He bites his nails and seems to the point of tears during bath time, and he will NOT potty train. He wont play with other kids unless I am in the room, I cant even leave him in the church nursery with his aunt. I stay at home with them and if I go to leave for anything both my boys throw full body hissy fits. They are with me constantly and I feel like I am raising weinies for boys. I thought boys were supposed to be tougher than this. HELP because I am seriously considering that I MUST have gone wrong somewhere in raising themMy 3 yr old son is scared of noises, the dark, dogs, bites his nails, clings and hates going to bed, HELP!?
I'd put them in daycare a few days a week, if possible. The first few times you drop them off will suck, but they'll be fine soon and your son will be annoyed that you're picking him up at the end of the day. I'd ask your pediatrician--he sounds like he might have some sort of sensory integration disorder. Good luck with them!My 3 yr old son is scared of noises, the dark, dogs, bites his nails, clings and hates going to bed, HELP!?
Have you talked to your pedi about this he or she is where you need to focous this question! there could be something wrong develpmentally his behavior isn't normal. do some on line searches for develpoment or a three year old. Also take a look at autisum (SP). BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY
fHave you heard of thing called separation anxiety? sounds like he might be suffering from this. constant reassurance that he will be o.k. and maybe take hin to see the clinic nurse or doctor about getting some proffessional help if you can afford it.





Do you have bed time routne? I found this helps me with my children. One of them was scared of going to bed so every night because there were monsters in her room(apparently) so every night I would get a spray bottle with a little water and vanilla essence in and I would look under the bed and spray some if the mixture (which I called magic monster removal) then I would open the cupboard door and spray some in there and then I would take the sheets of the bed all while my child was in room to help ';get rid of the monsters';and then I would read a story that had no scary pictures in it with them.. The first week I sat On my childs bed until they went to sleep, then I sat on the floor next to then bed and then next to the door and on a chair just out side door and now they go to bed by themselves although they still have the light on but this I can deal with.





well have to go as baby is crying good luck








The biggest thing to do is DONT BLAME YOURSELF you are doing the best job you can with skills and abilities you have.
babies and todllers afraid of some noises are normal.. what you can do is calm him down and tell him, that is okay... nothing to worry about... always be there... dont tease him, it will get worse





he needs u to get through of this





bites his nails?


one of my friend told her son, if he keeps biting his nails, his teeth will grow yakky yakky .. and he is afraid of biting them now





or if u have heart to do this, apply some pper on his fingers ... until he get used to not to bite them again





hates going to bed...


how if u company him for a while or read a story for him ... then slow down reduce the frequency...





i read from a book that a baby needs a basic trust from mums, if he didnt get it, he will grow with have no confident


(not try to offense, but could be that the cause?)





u might can do this:


when at home n u r about to cook... tell him u will be right back for him... then once u finish cooking, straight away back to him


or what ever u do (get a drink, get a book, go to toilet), tell him to stay still, then you do what ever u need to do, but be right back once u've done... this way, he might learn that even though you go somewhere u will be back for him





hope helped





nb: dont tell him that as a boy he has to be though, may not crying... otherwise he will grow with a not natural emotions (can't cry---%26gt; result coulnd not manage stress well)
O.K. where is your husband in all of this? You are needing support from somewhere. Where are your family and friends? Time to ask for help I think. You need to do things for yourself at least once a day even if it is just going out for a walk. Ask your church family to help also. Maybe take the 3 year old over to a friends house and stay with him for the first few visits and then leave him there without you for a while and keep on increasing the time. For pre-school he will need to be toilet trained but that is another option. What about a Moms and Tots group at your church or somewhere where you can get the support of other Moms. Don't be afraid to reach out! With the hissy fits, just walk away the next time they do this and once they see you aren't there they will feel pretty silly and stop! Email me if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment