Monday, May 10, 2010

Can nail beds reattach to the nail?

Recently I've noticed my nail beds (the pink part) are receding from the nail plate (the white part). My nail beds keep gradually getting shorter it seems.





This has mostly been caused by damages to the nail bed. A specific example would be me trying to pick up a textbook in one hand, but because I wasn't paying attention my finger came into contact with it in a such a way that my nail bent back. (I have long nails) Another example would be trying to pick up a card and having the corner of it jam under your nail. Sometimes however it seems like I haven't done anything, but I'll notice a piece of my nail bed has receded.





My nailbeds are now uneven and wavy in some of my nails. What I basically want to know is if there's a way for me to make my nail beds longer again. Do they naturally reattach sometimes or are they just going to get shorter my whole life?Can nail beds reattach to the nail?
The nails should reattach to the nail bed as they grow. If the nails worsen or do not improve over a period of time then you should see a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment