Monday, May 10, 2010

I can't get warm, have chills and hot flashes, purple nail beds. What's wrong with me?

Been having issues with a very high heart rate, along with chest pains, among other things because of a new medication. I'm getting off of the medication in about a week (working down doses).





However I've been having a lot chills lately. It takes a hoodie, two blakets, and a furnace of a husband to stop my violent shaking and yet I'm still cold. And last night I was freezing and hot at the same time, sweating and shaking at the same time. I've been cold all the time, and now my nail beds are purple with a hint of blue. My hands and feet are always freezing.. tried running them under hot water, warm socks, all that.. they turn back to ice within minutes.





I feel awful all the time. Been getting excess amounts of sleep, and this is the girl that sleeps 12hrs a day so she doesn't fall asleep (narcolepsy) so I've been getting more like 15rs and still feel like crap. Trying to hydrate but for some reason I can't.





Any ideas of what's wrong with me? I'm going to try to get into my doc asap but she doesn't really take me seriously or listen. I need a new doc but I have this one till the other gets approved.I can't get warm, have chills and hot flashes, purple nail beds. What's wrong with me?
Kate, go to another GP and tell him or her all your symptoms. The purple nail beds could be an infection. If they find nothing wrong with you physically, then you might be suffering from a psyhological anxiety disorder. I've personally had it for years and initially the docs couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. They referred me to a psyhiatrist who prescribed me meds which cured me completely. Symptoms you need to look out for include palpitations (heart racing), hot or cold flushes,shortness of breath, clammy hands, general feeling of being unwell, nausea, etc. Its possibly stress-related so speak to a psychologist who will help by talking things out and teaching you breathing exercises, etc. The psychiatrist before that, though, since meds may be required before a shrink can be of much help. But first, see another GP as I mentioned earlier and get a full check-up. Hope you feel better soon!I can't get warm, have chills and hot flashes, purple nail beds. What's wrong with me?
Call 911 now or go to the emergency room now.

No comments:

Post a Comment