Friday, May 14, 2010

I have acrylic nails...tanning bed turns them yellow?

I have heard before that the tanning bed will turn my nails yellow, but it never has until now. I do use a bronzer, but after I put it on, I use a wet wipe back over my nails and hands, so they won't be yellow, but they're still turning and it looks pretty gross. Is there a way to help them not turn yellow? (of course, besides not going to the tanning bed?)I have acrylic nails...tanning bed turns them yellow?
some tanning salons (and im sure ebay) sell pink things that you just slip onto your fingers over your nails. theyre pretty cheap and keep your nails pretty =]I have acrylic nails...tanning bed turns them yellow?
Well as a manicurist, I am very familiar with this problem. I work at a high profile salon in L.A. and am responsible for hundreds of manicured hands and am also familiar with the tanning aspect seeing that we have a popular tanning booth in our own salon. My suggestions are to:


-Try using a ';UV Topcoat.'; Putting a layer of this gel on your nails will allow for ultimate protection and prevent the yellow color from reappearing. At my salon, we sell the IBD UV Topcoat. I would highly recommned it


-Wear “Nail Savers” to prevent your Acrylic Nails/French Manicures from turning yellow. These offer 100% UV protection for manicures. They are reusable and ready to wear right out of the bag. These are also sold at my salon and are super popular among my clients


-Consuming more calicum in your diet can also help keep nail color white but for best results try UV Topcoat or Nail Savers


Hope this helps! :)
All you need to do is let the technician know you go tanning. They will put a UV protectant clear coat on so that your nails do not yellow :)
cut the fingers off of an old pair of gloves, just enough to cover the tips of your fingers, or use band aids.
Its simple, just don't wear acrylic nails to the tanning bed. Do you really want to be that much fake anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment