Friday, May 14, 2010

Should I use ';No More Nails'; to fix my bed frame?

I tried to assemble my wood bed and I was tightening the bolt and nut on one side, but tightened so much that the inner side of the wood snapped. Now the bolt and nut is useless.





It has two slots with bolt hole inbetween like most bed frames





If I used glue on the slots and the 2 pieces of wood that goes into the slots would it hold a mattress and 2 people???





Its quite difficult to nail and I dont want to ruin the bed further





Its only on the left-side front, everything else is bolted and tightShould I use ';No More Nails'; to fix my bed frame?
No, it won't hold. You will need to find a bracket of some kind and install it. Go to your local home center or hardware store, explain what you need, and they will set you up. Hope this helps.Should I use ';No More Nails'; to fix my bed frame?
no more nails is good stuff, but will only work on an unvarnished surface, at least one of the surfaced has to be porous or it will just harden in the gap, and stick to neither side.


I would recommend putting in a strut to suppor the head of the bed. Simply attach a lat of sturdy wood along a good length of the headboard's bottom. ( ie along the piece that the bolt would have gone into) and then nail that to the leg.
Honey! Glue is VERY STRONG!!


they use glue. to keep together the 1st layer of Hurricane proof houses!





i am not lying. industrial glue. yes Glue would be a fine solution! but i suggest using alot. p.s. Most furniture uses no nails. just glue.
What you want to do is use a tad of no more nails and a few small screwws just to hold it. I wouldnt hold hope in no more nails on its own to be honest.
Honey glue is half of the solution . For this to work for any length of time you will need to strap the joint . nylon pallet binding and a LARGE stapler or nails .
I want to say no, but the outcome could be quite funny if i say yes.....
How many nails has it got so far then?

No comments:

Post a Comment